At Adriatica Women’s Health, the health and well-being of our patients, staff, associates and communities are our top priority. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19). The current pandemic is unprecedented in our lifetime. We are committed to being responsive to the needs of patients as the situation unfolds.
Effective immediately, we are instituting the following measures to help prevent the spread of this virus:
- We are rescheduling all non-essential appointments. We will continue to see our obstetrical patients for office visits, non-stress tests and ultrasound. We will also see gynecologic patients with urgent problems that need to be seen – please call our office and we can help determine if you need an appointment. Additionally, all pre-operative visits, scheduled procedures, sonograms, and time sensitive lab appointments will be maintained.
- We are closing the Prosper Office immediately to confine all practice business to the McKinney office.
- Office hours will change to 8:00-5:00 pm with Friday staying the same.
- We are cancelling all group meetings such as our Sudden Angels, OB orientation class, and Centering classes.
- Once this crisis is over, we will be offering extended hours to accommodate patients that have been rescheduled.
If you need a medication refill, please call the office or sent us a message on the portal and we will happily give you a 3-month refill.
If you are due for your annual screening mammogram, we encourage you to wait to schedule but you can schedule without a physician’s order.
We are definitely available by telephone during business office to address any problems or concerns you may have.
There may be more changes as this situation is rapidly evolving. We are currently exploring more telehealth options.
Coronavirus symptoms include fever, shortness of breath, and/or cough. If you currently have these symptoms, please do not come to the office. We do not have the proper containment/isolation rooms to accommodate a COVID-19 patient. Currently, we do not have the availability to perform testing at our office.
Please refer to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website, www.cdc.gov/coranavirus, for more information on COVID-19. For the latest most up-to-date information, please call Collin County Health Care Serviced during business hours at 972-548-5500. After business hours, CCHCS staff can be reached by calling Collin County Sheriff’s Office Dispatch at 972-547-5350.
Recommendations: We recommend our patients and staff to practice social distancing. If you can, please stay home. Do not attend large gatherings such as movies, church services, parties, meeting, or conferences. Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds or use sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. If you must go out, please stay at least 6 feet from other people.
Due to the rapidly changing nature of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), our office is making the following changes in addition to the previously announced changes:
- All persons will be screened for Coronavirus risk. If you have risk factors, please do not come to the office. Call us for further instructions.
- As of Monday, March 16- we will primarily be seeing obstetrical patients only from 8:00 am-1:00 pm. Most people who have appointments on Monday have been notified of new times. We will reach out to all patients with appointments this week.
- Our phones will be answered from 8:00am to 5:00pm and we will have a team of nurses and providers available to triage and handle calls.
- We are limiting access to the office. No visitors allowed. For patients under the age of 18, the primary caregivers or guardian will be allowed.
- We hope to have telemedicine capabilities up by the end of the week.
- Once again if you are sick, please stay at home.
Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation.
Once again, this is an evolving situation. We will keep you abreast as more unfolds.
Yours in Health,
Adriatica Women’s Health