AWH: Dedicated to and Active in Our Local Community
At Adriatica Women’s Health, community is central to all that we do — and it’s why we strive to always do it to the highest standards.
We are a community-based provider of comprehensive Women’s Health services. But we also take an active role in our community beyond the care we provide. Realizing the importance of reaching out to area organizations, nonprofits and support groups, our doctors and staffers make time in their busy schedules to volunteer in and around McKinney, Texas.
Here are some of the ways we’re helping to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work:
- McKinney Education Foundation – Adriatica Women’s Health supports this foundation by sponsoring a $1,000 scholarship to graduating high school seniors (in the McKinney Independent School District) who are interested in a career in health or medicine. In addition to making a donation for every baby they deliver, our doctors have served in various roles, and continue to serve as members of the foundation and its Board of Trustees.
- Smiles for Habitat Charity Event – AWH is an annual sponsor for this nonprofit organization founded to benefit charitable organizations that build homes for deserving families. The event is hosted annually at the Adriatica Village.
- Faith-based charitable programs – As active members of several local churches, our doctors and caring team members work to support various charitable programs that benefit Collin County.
- Children and Community Health Clinic (CCHC) – Dr. Lori Halderman has served as director the Gynecology Clinic at the CCHC, a free clinic in Collin County providing care for underserved people.
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center at McKinney – Dr. Tracey Banks serves as a trustee for the center, and Dr. Halderman is the vice-chief of Medical Staff.
- Local media – Our doctors and other personnel are frequently interviewed by area journalists about important Women’s Health issues and topics.
- Women’s Alliance of McKinney – Dr. Banks has served on the Advisory Board for this community of business professionals, which is devoted to fostering leadership in women.
- McKinney MOMS Club, Mothers of Multiples, and other local moms groups – Here at AWH, our providers understand that new mothers are often overwhelmed as they try to figure out their new role in life. We are proud to have given talks and presentations to these groups that support new moms as they make the transition, including information and question-answer sessions.
- Annual Holiday Bazaar – Each year, Adriatica Women’s Health holds a week-long Holiday Bazaar benefitting local charities. People shop from vendors selling a wide variety of items ranging from home decor to women’s fashions, and a portion of the proceeds are donated to local charities.
- Toys for Tots – AWH is a registered Toys for Tots donation site. We work with the public and with patients to collect toys for children in the community.
- Christmas Adoption – Adriatica Women’s Health has adopted a family for Christmas in previous years, collecting toys and clothes benefitting a local family in need.
For more information regarding our commitment to our community and the women (and children) in it, or to schedule an appointment, call (855) 398-5962. You can also schedule an appointment using our easy online form.