Discover medical expertise, support and friendship during pregnancy and beyond.
Welcome to CenteringPregnancy.
At Adriatica Women’s Health, we are dedicated to supporting and empowering women before, during and after pregnancy. Which is why we are delighted to offer CenteringPregnancy! This community approach to prenatal care allows you to share knowledge and experiences, as well as learn from other moms-to-be whose babies are due near the same time as yours.
The CenteringPregnancy model has been transforming obstetrics care for decades. The idea is to bring women together for prenatal care in a supportive and welcoming setting to exchange information or concerns and consult providers.
Prenatal care isn’t what it used to be, and we think you’re going love it!
Your CenteringPregnancy care replaces most of your “traditional” prenatal appointments. Which means your appointments:
- Start on time/won’t make you wait
- Let you spend more quality one-on-one time with your provider
- Lasts 90 to 120 minutes (compared to about 10 minutes for a typical appointment)
- Give you the time to learn what your body is going through, know what to expect and prepare for delivery
- Are scheduled every four weeks, then every two weeks as you get closer to your due date
- Include a postpartum wellness check at 6 weeks
Who can benefit from CenteringPregnancy?
If you are under the care of a midwife or physician with a low-to-medium risk pregnancy, this care can be ideal for you. Some high-risk pregnancies may also benefit, but in many instances, women carrying a high-risk pregnancy need more specialized care.
What happens during CenteringPregnancy appointments?
Your appointments will be led by our amazing midwives in a supportive setting. Your group may consist of 3–4 women or up to 8–10 women, all whom are on a pregnancy journey together. Your appointments will feature:
- Self-care tips, including how to measure your weight and blood pressure
- An open, trusted forum to ask questions, compare notes and get expert and peer advice on nutrition, exercise, labor, breast-feeding, infant care and more
- Healthy snacks and refreshments
The powerful benefits of CenteringPregnancy.
Research shows this innovative, informative and inclusive approach to prenatal care can:
- Decrease the rate of preterm and low-weight babies
- Increase breastfeeding rates
- Influence improved pregnancy spacing
- Empower women to be more involved in their pregnancy care
- Foster lasting bonds and friendships among group members
To learn more or to sign up for CenteringPregnancy, call 855-398-5962 or talk to us during your next visit! You can also schedule an appointment using our easy online form.