At Adriatica Women’s Health, the health and well-being of our patients, staff, associates, and communities are our top priority. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19). The current pandemic is unprecedented in our lifetime. We are committed to being responsive to the needs of patients as the situation unfolds.
Effective immediately, we are instituting the following measures to help prevent the spread of this virus:
- We are rescheduling all non-essential appointments. We will continue to see our obstetrical patients for office visits, non-stress tests, and ultrasound. We will also see gynecologic patients with urgent problems that need to be seen – please call our office and we can help determine if you need an appointment. Additionally, all pre-operative visits, scheduled procedures, sonograms, and time-sensitive lab appointments will be maintained.
- We are closing the Prosper Office immediately to confine all practice business to the McKinney office.
- Office hours will change to 8:00-2:00 pm with Friday hours being 8:30-12:30.
- We are canceling all group meetings such as our Sudden Angels, OB orientation class, and Centering classes.
- Once this crisis is over, we will be offering extended hours to accommodate patients that have been rescheduled.
- All persons will be screened for Coronavirus risk. If you have risk factors, please do not come to the office. Call us for further instructions.
- Our phones will be answered from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and we will have a team of nurses and providers available to triage and handle calls.
- We are limiting access to the office. No visitors allowed. For patients under the age of 18, the primary caregivers or guardians will be allowed
- All patients are required to wear a mask or other face-covering to the office. Our staff and provider will wear a mask for your safety as well.
- You may be asked to wait in your car for your appointment due to allow for social distancing in our lobby.
- We now have Telemedicine capabilities. To learn more about our Telemedicine services, click here: https://adriaticawomenshealth.com/services/telemedicine-appointments/
- Once again if you are sick, please stay at home.
If you are due for your annual screening mammogram, we encourage you to wait to schedule but you can schedule without a physician’s order.
Coronavirus symptoms include fever, shortness of breath, and/or cough. If you currently have these symptoms, please do not come to the office. We do not have the proper containment/isolation rooms to accommodate a COVID-19 patient. Currently, we do not have the availability to perform testing at our office.
Please refer to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website, www.cdc.gov/coranavirus, for more information on COVID-19. For the latest most up-to-date information, please call Collin County Health Care Serviced during business hours at 972-548-5500. After business hours, CCHCS staff can be reached by calling Collin County Sheriff’s Office Dispatch at 972-547-5350.
Recommendations: We recommend our patients and staff to practice social distancing. If you can, please stay at home. Do not attend large gatherings such as movies, church services, parties, meetings, or conferences. Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds or use sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. If you must go out, please stay at least 6 feet from other people.
Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation.
Once again, this is an evolving situation. We will keep you abreast as more unfolds.
Yours in Health,
Adriatica Women’s Health