Menopause isn’t the only disruptor of vaginal health and the ability to enjoy intimacy. Cancer treatment or procedures such as an oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries) can also cause severe drops in estrogen levels, which in turn triggers a decrease in tissue thickness and lubrication. These issues can make the idea of sex unappealing for many women, and even negatively impact self-esteem and lifestyle.
Of course, over-the-counter and prescription lubricants can offer temporary relief. But now that advanced treatments such as MonaLisa Touch® are available, more women are choosing this long-term solution to restore vaginal health.
What does MonaLisa Touch® treat?
Millions of postmenopausal women experience vaginal atrophy. Correcting this condition is the primary goal of MonaLisa Touch. The symptoms of vaginal atrophy can include:
- Vaginal itching
- Vaginal dryness
- Pain during intercourse
- Vaginal laxity* (looseness or lack of elasticity)
*Note from the manufacturer: MonaLisa Touch is not a vaginal tightening procedure. It is intended to restore the underlying health of the tissue to its pre-symptomatic state.
MonaLisa Touch: How it works and what to expect
This revolutionary treatment uses a laser specifically designed to treat vaginal tissue.
The complete procedure takes less than five minutes and is performed in our office at Adriatica Women’s Health. A typical treatment regimen entails three procedures over 18 weeks.
How it works: A probe is inserted into the vagina, which emits gentle laser energy to the vaginal wall. This is intended to stimulate collagen production.
What to expect:
- Before the procedure, we will check your vital signs.
- You will be brought into the procedure room, where you can disrobe and put on a gown in private.
- A caring medical assistant will help you onto an exam table; positioning you much like you would be during vaginal exam/Pap smear.
- One of our experienced, highly skilled female providers will place a sterile “insertion ring” into your vaginal opening (so the laser probe can be inserted and moved without irritating your labia).
- After insertion, the laser will be applied repeatedly until the entire inside of the vagina has been treated.
- Many women report relief from symptoms after the first treatment.
Intimacy matters: Restore your vaginal health, desire and confidence today
At Adriatica Women’s Health, our sole purpose is to help achieve your best health. With MonaLisa Touch, you can end the symptoms of vaginal atrophy and experience the lasting results this innovative laser therapy brings.
To learn more, call 972-542-8884, or use our easy online form to schedule your appointment today.