Most women get recommendations for an OB/GYN from a trusted friend, but it is essential you do your own research to narrow down your choices. Before your first appointment, you should decide what kind of experience you expect and find doctors and facilities that match your needs.
What to look for when choosing an OB/GYN in McKinney, Texas
There are many important factors to consider when selecting an OB/GYN, let’s take a look at a list of things to consider:
- Research the OB/GYN’s credentials – Board certification is one of the most important things to look for when selecting an OB/GYN. You can be confident in knowing that all board-certified physicians have the necessary training, skills and experience to provide high quality gynecologic and obstetric care.
- Steer clear of any malpractice concerns – Make sure you confirm the OB/GYN does not have a history of malpractice claims or disciplinary actions. You can find their medical school, training hospital, certifications, and malpractice and disciplinary history on their office or state websites.
- Remember experience matters – Make sure your OB/GYN has the experience to handle high-risk pregnancies and complex gynecologic problems with skill and grace. Also, some OB/GYNs have a primary focus on obstetrics, while others focus exclusively on gynecology. Make sure you choose an experienced OB/GYN that specializes in treating your current and future needs. If you know you need a specific procedure, ask how many of the procedures the doctor has performed successfully.
- Keep gender in mind – Above all else, you need to feel comfortable during each and every appointment. Consider your doctor’s gender while selecting your OB/GYN and remember that you will need to build a rapport with this person and share intimate, personal information about yourself and your relationship(s). Adriatica Women’s Health is an all-female practice ready to address your unique needs to help you live a happy, healthy life.
- Make sure you have the insurance coverage you need – Choose an OB/GYN that will optimize your insurance benefits so you pay the least out-of-pocket expenses for your care. When selecting an OB/GYN that participates in your insurance, don’t let the other recommendations fall by the wayside. You should still consider credentials, experience, successful outcomes and hospital quality.
Trust all of your gynecologic needs to Adriatica Women’s Health. We are a team of experienced, all-women, compassionate OB/GYNs in McKinney, Texas. Call us at 972-542-8884 for an appointment.